Set an example for your kids or get them involved in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure!

On Saturday, October 1st, the University of Nebraska at Kearney is hosting the race sponsored locally by Wells Fargo, Hits 106, the Kearney Hub, Good Samaritan Hospital and the University of Nebraska at Kearney.

This is the first ever Race for the Cure event in Central Nebraska and up to 75% of net proceeds generated by the Race  stays in our service area to support education, screening and treatment of breast cancer while the remaining 25% goes to the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Award and Research Grant programs supporting research, awards and educational and scientific  programs around the world.

The deadline to register is September 28th and click here to register online! You can also register on Race Day between 6:30-7:30 a.m. on Main Street inside the UNK Health and Sports Center, however, awards and team registration are not available for Race Day registrants. Shirts will also be limited on the day of the Race.

Get your kids involved and register them to participate in the Kids one mile fun run! Children ages 3-12 will receive a Race t-shirt with their paid race fee and children under 3 are free to participate with a parent on the Family Walk Route, but are still asked to register and will not receive a t-shirt.

For more information visit their website www.komennebraska.org.

This is a great opportunity to be active with the whole family while supporting a fantastic cause!